Sunday, December 23, 2012

Baja 2012 (TEIL ZWEI) Part Two

This was at Loreto during the Baja 1000 , Stage is set ,fuel can full and waiting on the rider to come in for pit stop

This was crazy, I heard a generator and was amazed that they brought tv's and laptop's .

Crowd gathers to ensure all work is done to perfection...

Policia were onhand but truth be told they didn't have much control or did they exercise much either.

Taken in La Paz just South of our beach . The water here was much clearer and just beautiful.

Bay Of De Los Angeles, what can I say. You are riding down the road and up ahead is a mountain range and you anticipate the bay is just beyond the range. Then you crest the range and BAM it hits you in the face and you are simply amazed at the view. My jaw dropped and I couldn't get off the bike quick enough to take some photo's.

I could display probably 20-30 sunrise photo's and they all are magnificent, this was Bay Of De Los Angeles

On the way back to Oregon we stopped at G.G. Bridge for a photo .

San Felipe at Pete's Camp our first day and night of warm weather . Up until this we had been sleeping in our long johns due to the cold nights. Our bags are rated for winter temps but this was cold . We remarked that our Alaska ride last year was warmer and on that ride we only slept one night in long johns.Good looking BMER's eh?

Our first day of the ride , cold,but dry . That was short lived!

Blue all loaded , people are always amazed at how much stuff, gear we pack on our bikes.

North of Santaz Pac , we stayed here for a night due to it being dark and wanted to get off the road. The sunrise was worth it alone.

We called this the BUG HOUSE due to it smelled of Bug Spray but again the previous night we were late and needed to stop. 300 peso's for the Bug Motel...

See what I mean about the S.R.

Desert South of Loreto , it was hot .


Our tent the infamous (in our minds anyway) Nemo , this luxuary hotel has seen and experienced some fantastic views. WE love this tent , it has weathered all the elements and kept us dry in the worse conditions.

We stopped for a burger and a beer at the bar S. of Loreto on way back from San Javier Mission. You can't pass a photo shot of a dog in a sidecar.

Ensenada just S. of town , finally getting a little warmer and now we are just getting into this adventure.

The tree with a fro , located at Stacie's parents house . Kind of like a Chia pet.

Previous to stopping at G.G. Bridge I had remarked "I've never walked across ) so we had planned to but when we saw this it was decided No Way Jose would we leave all our gear left to be stolen by some low life!

Going into Guerro Negro at the N./S. border

At La paz , No worries here about being electrocuted. I do admire Mexico for their lack of Lawyers and Politicians.Here you are on your own and responsible for your own actions . What the world needs now is less Lawyers and Politicians.

La Paz , not sure if this is the Capitol . We had Fish Tacos at a roadside vendor here that were to die for .

This brought back memories from my military days. I had that ensignia on my uniform and it was for the 2/67th air defense artillary.

Pelican lighthouse North of Half Moon bay, Ca. We had been riding in rain and downpours all day.

Just admire the water ,quiet,peaceful,and relaxing.

Castaic Lake ,Ca. a Blue Herring .Nice Fall crisp morning.

La Paz, I'm always looking for people and this guy stood out. I imagine this gentleman has some stories of interest.

Napa valley , wet, cold and fall colors.

Parade in La Paz

La paz , what you looing at?

Nice looking little Bandito in the parade

Saint Veronica , we were the only ones at the camp. We had just crossed the Tecate Border earlier that day. The temp at night reached the low 30's. BRRRR

In Baja you get a variety of terrain and landscapes. 1 minute your in rain forrest and the next desert. This keeps the ride interesting and your mind active.

Road to COCO's corner and this part was our section of the 1000. I had a blast manuvering the loaded 800 through all the sand and boulder's.

On the way into San felipe . We were doing the Rockodile Rock.


A sunrise at Santaz pac from Bluez point of view. We slaughtered numerous butterflies on this ride .

Let me guess another sunrise , San Felipe and this is one awesome photo in my opinion.

Santaz Pac amenities , hey in Baja you take what you get and if you don't have T.P. with you your going to be sorry. Two very valuable items in Baja : fresh water and T.P.


Here is the valley going out to San Javier Mission , Reminded me of Jurassic Park movie, very green and tropical.

Looking down on the valley towards Loreto returning from S.J. Mission

STICKER'S . you got stickers . The children love getting stickers and this was at S.J. Mission . Give em up Stacie .

Sea Of Cortez

A small church enroute to San Javier

This was at the BUG HOUSE, Stacie typically doesn't cook BUT we had a stove and I let her have at it. We had run out of fresh water and took a chance on boiling from the tap. No Issues.

Tekolote Beach , explode this photo and you will notice the depth of sea shells . Pretty cool.

Tekolote and it's population of Pelicans. Nice blue water.

Using the trusty side stand to break the bead.

Tekolote beach sunset.

Only thing missing is the Corona ,

And then the idea hey how about one of our NEW T shirt designs for a photo-op

These two dogs were wild beach hounds, Cinnamon and Ralph . They would hang by our tent and when another dog entered they would take off barking . I gather to alert them that they are welcome BUT it was their beach.

Table is set and the coffee made.

Laundry day at the beach . hard Panniers are great to do your laundry in. Before we just used trash bags to agitate the load.

Even though water was scarce I found it in my heart to give our friends some.

Puffer fish anyone?

Six years back I began a ride journal so that I may remember the rides,fun,and great times. Today it is Stacie updating the log.

Shells and more shells , we had to take photo due to the fact all would not return with us.

Castaic Lake, Ca. 35.6 degrees , as I said the first part of this ride was Cold.

South of Guerro Negro it reminded me of Az,Ca due to the Joshua Trees and terrain.

On the Baja 1000 route S. of Puertosittas

CoCo inspecting the gift from Stacie .

Man I hope I get all of this shampoo out of my hair. I had remarked " in the Army I used a Steel Pot to bath " so yes I'm experienced at roughing it.

I liked the 3 tier roof on this bar at the Tekolote beach.

I think that is me digging it on the baja route.

Guest book and we have been acknowledged.

No comments:

Post a Comment