Sunday, August 7, 2016

Baja 03_16 We Ride

 4 bikes in Richard's truck. The extended rail is the work of Rich and Tony. I suggested they patent it.
A slight modification to cut the bolt studs and prevent bike damages.


 San Felipe, children celebrating what was to be dinner later that night.
Never saw Ricky but I'll take his word for it!
 Sea of Cortez. Bikes will remain on truck until we get near Santisp ac.
Below photo, Paul who is our driver and the man who will drive truck back to Oregon once we unload near Santispac (AKA Paulo)
The man who rides like a demon with no fear Rich, I thought he resembled my Uncle Jr, a lot.
Tony, and I am sure he is explaining something but looks like he is about to dance.
CoCo had just celebrated his 79th, they have really cleaned up the place since the asphalt now is near his front door.
The drawers Stacie and I left in 2012 are still hanging from the rafters.
San Ignacio church
 This is near Santispac and this is where Paulo was to depart us and drive Stateside.
Below, ignore the dog..... it is the electrical box that should grab your attention.


Me, Kirk(little Ritchie) and Rich. Little Ritchie due to the fact both are awesome riders and ex racer's. And one is a bit slimmer then the other,LOL


 It was HOT and a Heineken beer for all. This was right after I had lifted 2 local kids to sit on my Husky and then when I saddled up I fell over.
 Scorpion Bay.
 Heading out of Scorpion bay going in direction of San Ignacio.
You sure this is the way?
 Do you see a Petroglyph? Lets check it out. No there wasn't, but it sure was cool up in the crevice.
Below: this man sits at a gate and you pay him to cross his land. Nice guy, seemed he and Tony were pals.
Yep, I crashed a few times on this ride. On this particular event I hit some big rocks and then was launched skyward and driven into the sand with the Husky on top of me.
 Just in case the first time wasn't enough, I then crashed again after the BIG one.
Kirk (little Ritchie) Tony, and I convinced Kirk and Rich to go on the whale tour in Laguna Ignacio Bay.  Tony and myself rode on to San Ignacio, my body was is pain from my day's crashes.
 San Ignacio, this couple from Germany were touring and this vehicle was EQUIPPED.
 Fresh Tortillas, awesome.

Jugo Naranja! Always freshly squeezed, and for a dollar was a favorite of mine and Kirk.
 Guadalupe hot springs, this place is unbelievable, the camps are semi private, and a bath is on each camp site.

 Back stateside.
Kirk had the desire to shredd his rear tire. I doubt management liked the fact it left a deep impression in the asphalt. Oh well it was amusing.
The Lamborghini was a blue chrome color, I'd settle for the $$$$$$.
Horsepower Ranch just outside of Ensenada. Great place to stay and relax for a night.
We had some great food and the owner (Todd) if I remember correctly which most of the time I DON'T was a nice guy. I preferred this place to Mikes Sky Ranch ( to me a big disappointment). 
 Even the dog wants to ride a Husky.
Bringing in the days catch.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic invention, hey Richard Billys right, better patton that extended rack. Looks like it does the job. But isnt there room yet on the roof of the cab? Lol. The picture of the man in the red cap standing guard at the entrance of his land remind you of dad? Roger, Phyllis and Ronnie look great. ♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete