Sunday, June 11, 2017

Costa Rica


Our White water adventure out of Fortuna. Julio, our guide was obviously not concerned. All in a days fun for him. For me not so fun. Early on in the class 3, big dog rapids, the guy on the right would knee me in my left side (accidental) only where I had no padding, breaking or severely bruising some ribs. It didn't help that no one would take my place in the front, and therefore I was in great pain before this adventure was complete. It would take 2 months for me to heal where I could breath normally and lie on my left side.

This sloth was just above the river watching the passer by's.


Hey, you with your arms in the air can I get you a beer or something?
Cloud Forest Monte Verde, it was rainy season in C.R. and this was a redundant view, when we tried to venture into the forests, or up to a volcano.
Rain drops keep falling on my head. I'll just duck under this big ass leaf.
A woman we met at Semuc Champay, had told us of Monte Verde, and she was quite excited of the animals and vegetation there . We saw NO wild life to speak of and did I mention rain?

Laguna Arenal outside of Fortuna

Bight colored sand crab .


I'm just hanging around waiting for a pocket to pick.
The parks in C.R. are fantastic and well worth the time and money to experience. We really enjoyed the remoteness and really no crowds to speak of. Again, we were ahead of the high season, so the tourists weren't to be found.Oh wait, we we're the tourists.

I liked this picture, it reminded me perhaps of what  a coffee plantation worker might look like.
Hey what do I know , I'm just the photographer, doesn't need to make sense.
 We signed up for a night expedition while at Corcovado, we saw a few creatures, and then it began to pour, ABORT.
Now that's a big humongous beetle. 
A window pane moth.
 Below our guide, Vincent, while at Cocovado. You couldn't go into the park without one. Hey you on the left,  I bet you wish you had a lens like that.
A Coti,
 A howler monkey.
Don't wake the bats!

Nice view of the coastal area.

 If you aren't nice, I'll sick my crocky on you.
Different flowers and vegetation while on Corcovado. We stayed at Martinas Hostel, while there .


At Martina's it RAINED
 Back at Monte Verde Cloud Forest. Stacie said "You go first....."
 En route to Fortuna, we kept seeing billboards for a German Bakery. You know I was on the lookout for that.We found it, we ate, I had a beer, we dried off from the rain shower.
I'm a sucker for some Schnitzel, beer, and most anything Deutsch.
Mt. Arenal was one of the few volcanoes that we saw completely.
Nice little waterfall.
I wonder when we get to board the skivvy that takes us to Corcovado? It's hot, humid, and I'm ready to go!
Our little cabin at Martina's.

I have lived in the Midwest, and have experienced storms of awesome magnitude, but in C.R. when it rained, it friggin rained! I don't exaggerate when I say it rained all day, all night, and the force and amount of rain coming from the Heavens was without a doubt unbelievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment